All about the restricted traffic zone of Genoa
The city of Genoa,known all over the world for being an important junction in the maritime trade of the Mediterranean Sea, has seven limited traffic zones active every day of the year, 24 hours a day, and only one active during the night.
The city of Genoa, known all over the world for being an important junction in the maritime trade of the Mediterranean Sea, has seven limited traffic zones active every day of the year, 24 hours a day, and only one active during the night.
Limited traffic zones always active
- Historic centre This area is controlled by electronic access points located in:
- Via del Campo;
- vico Giannini;
- piazza della Raibetta;
- via San Giorgio;
- via Ravasco;
- Via di Porta Soprana;
- via Garibaldi;
- via Cairoli;
- via Lomellini;
- via delle Camelie and mura delle Grazie.
As can be seen from the map, the Historic Centre LTZ is additionally divided into 5 sectors, shown on the map with different colors. Traffic, transit and parking are forbidden 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.** Obviously it is possible to access it by requesting a permit.
- Boccadasse The 'Boccadasse' area is also controlled by electronic gates and includes streets:
- Piazza Nettuno;
- via Aurora;
- piazza E. Bassano;
- via N. Dodero;
- via della Casa.
Traffic, transit and parking are forbidden 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, but can be accessed through permits and derogations.
- Bolzaneto Also this area, which includes only a few streets, is always active 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Transit, traffic and parking are therefore prohibited in the following routes:
- via A. Oldoini;
- via R. Bonghi;
- via N.S. della Neve;
- via C. Stuparich;
- via F. Bettini;
- via A. Gianuè;
- via G.A. Canzio.
They can only be accessed from 6:30am to 11:00am, vehicles for loading and unloading goods.
- Molo This area also includes only a few streets and is always active 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Transit, traffic and parking are therefore prohibited in the area shown on the map.
- Nervi This area is always active 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. There are special permits for members of associations and cooperatives and for parents and students of the schools, located within the ZTL.
- Rivarolo This area is also always active 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Here the free access time for loading and unloading goods is from 07:30am to 11:30am.
- Vernazzola This area is also always active 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. There are no time limits for loading and unloading goods, but rather special areas where rapid loading and unloading operations can take place. Here the free access time for loading and unloading goods is from 07:30 to 11:30.
The Night LTZ of Genova Castelletto
This is the only zone which, although active as the previous 365 days of the year, has time slots: from 09:00pm to 6:00am. This residential area of Genoa hosts several places and monuments of interest such as:
- la Spianata di Castelletto;
- Albergo dei Poveri;
- Forte Castellaccio and Torre Specola;
- Villetta di Negro;
- Villa Gruber De Mari;
- Villa Pallavicino;
- Castle of Albertis;
- Castle Mackenzie;
- Villa Gropallo dello Zerbino;
- Castello Bruzzo;
- Villa Madre Cabrini.
How to access the Genoa LTZ
The municipality of Genoa has provided different types of permits to access the Limited Traffic Zones, let's find out which ones.
The electric cars are not subject to restrictions and, after communicating the license plate number and related badge, can circulate freely in all areas without time limits. There are, however, special permits and exemptions for:
- first aid services;
- cars of the armed forces;
- disabled people;
- car sharing vehicles;
- doctors and veterinarians on home visits.
Hotel and garage customers can access all areas, with the exception of the Castelletto LTZ, by filling in the following forms: Customer access charge activation form and Garages customer access charge request.
Park in Genoa
All the cars that have not received the permit or have not filled in the form correctly must park outside the ZTL, so we recommend you to reserve a parking for your car with Parkimeter. If you arrive in Genoa or if you have to leave the city by plane we recommend Parking Parkmar Aeroporto, instead if your holiday will be aboard a beautiful cruise ship with Garage Ponte dei Mille you will not have any problems to board your car. In the city center, but not inside the ZTL you can choose between: Parcheggio granaldi located a bit outside the center but well connected to the highway; Parking Montegrappa located near Villa lo Zerbino; Danopark Parking a few minutes from the Arco della Vittoria or the Casa di Cristoforo Colombo.