The district of Passy, which first appeared on a map in 1250, was annexed to Paris in 1860. The village initially consisted of Boulanvillers Castle and its windmills. Claude Chahu, financier and advisor to the king, ordered the construction of Notre Dame de Grage in 1666. Passy is now a quiet district, where there are many restaurants and sophisticated shops such as the Grande Épicerie de Paris. In this neighborhood there are many museums such as the Musée Marmottan, the Musée du Vin, the Maison de Balzac, the house of the famous writer.